1/1 Photo of Ham and Cheese Frittata
Still looking for that perfect Christmas morning recipe...or the morning after Christmas recipe?!? If you've got some diced ham in the freezer, go get it out now to thaw! And use it on Christmas morning to make this for brunch! If you're having ham for your Christmas dinner and need a way to use up the leftovers, this would make a fabulous breakfast on the 26th!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Mince garlic. Using the flat part of the knife, press down on the garlic clove until it crushes. Cut off the stubby end and peel off the skin. Chop with knife.
- 3In skillet, saute minced garlic, diced potatoes and onions in olive oil.
- 4Once brown, add a few teaspoons water and cook another 1-2 minutes. Then add in the diced ham.
- 5In bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- 6Pour egg mixture over the ham, potatoes and onions.
- 7Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, until the eggs have set around the edges of the skillet.
- 8Place skillet into the oven and bake at 450°F for 5-10 minutes, or until eggs have set in the middle.
- 9Add shredded cheese to the top and bake another 1-2 minutes until cheese melts.
- 10Serve Ham and Cheese Frittata with Fresh Fruit.
- 11Cost $4.48.
- 12For the stovetop only, you could probably cook it for a lot longer over LOW heat until the eggs in the middle cook through.
- 13Another way would be to saute the garlic, onions, potatoes and ham in the skillet. Then place those into an 8x8-inch baking dish, then pour the eggs over and bake it. It may take a bit longer to bake since you don't cook the eggs on the stovetop at all. Just bake it until the eggs have set in the middle.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Cheese Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.3
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 440.2 mg
- Sodium 1973.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 37.7 g