Recipe by Marie
Wonderful ham and cheese french toast sandwiches for a savory breakfast treat! Can be served with warmed Maple syrup, if desired. Found on another website.
Top Review by Jellyqueen
I really struggled with how to rate this one. It was a 5 star presentation for sure. I grilled on a low heat, so I didn't have any trouble with the cheese melting through. When I cut it, it was simply beautiful, with the cheese melted perfectly. But I discovered that I don't like mustard with the french toast. I really thought I would love it, but all I could taste was the mustard, and I think that is just a personal thing. I will try this again, but without the mustard. Thanks for the recipe!!!!
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 4 slices cheese (your preference)
- 4 slices cooked ham
- butter (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together eggs, cream and salt in pie plate.
- Spread tops of the slices of bread evenly with the butter, then the mustard.
- Top four slices of the bread with the cheese and ham.
- Place other four slices on top and dip into the egg mixture.
- Place sandwiches in preheated skillet with butter added and cook each side until golden brown.
- If cooked in batches, keep warm in oven until all sandwiches are done.