Recipe by KrisVonD
These are Ham Crescent rolls with a melted cream cheese sauce inside. Yum. They stopped selling these in our area a few years ago. I made this recipe when I had some extra cheese and honey ham in the fridge. Got the idea from Pepperoni Crescent Pepperoni and Cheese Crescent Roll-ups. I also want to try these with Roast Beef slices, provolone cheese and maybe some horseradish/dijon or honey mustard. The possibilities are endless. Have fun with this recipe, add any combo you like... just watch the "browning". Also, if you wrap them a little different from the crescent shape, meaning roll the outer point of the dough towards one end of the roll it will look like a mini hot pocket. My kids loved these, and the pepperoni ones, too. Great recipe to get rid of leftover lunchmeat and cheeses. Just buy the crescents and bake!
Top Review by Junebug
This is fast and easy to assemble and uses ingredients that are readily available. It makes a delicious and light meal. I made some as stated and also made some vegetarian by omitting the ham and adding black beans. Thanks for sharing your yummy recipe Kris!
- 1 (6 count) package Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 24 -30 slices hillshire farm deli-sliced honey-roasted ham
- 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 -4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On wax paper, or other surface, roll each crescent roll open. *Note* if you don't move quickly, the dough will become sticky on the surface.
- Top with 4 or 5 "thin" slices of rolled up Honey Ham.
- Lightly combine cheddar and cream cheese together in bowl.
- With a butter knife spread about 1/2 tablespoon of cheese mixture between the ham slices.
- Roll crescents from wide end to narrow point.
- Place rolls on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes.
- Run a cube of butter lightly over all crescents before cooling.
- Let cool at least 5 minutes.