These are Ham Crescent rolls with a melted cream cheese sauce inside. Yum. They stopped selling these in our area a few years ago. I made this recipe when I had some extra cheese and honey ham in the fridge. Got the idea from Pepperoni Crescent Pepperoni and Cheese Crescent Roll-ups. I also want to try these with Roast Beef slices, provolone cheese and maybe some horseradish/dijon or honey mustard. The possibilities are endless. Have fun with this recipe, add any combo you like... just watch the "browning". Also, if you wrap them a little different from the crescent shape, meaning roll the outer point of the dough towards one end of the roll it will look like a mini hot pocket. My kids loved these, and the pepperoni ones, too. Great recipe to get rid of leftover lunchmeat and cheeses. Just buy the crescents and bake!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On wax paper, or other surface, roll each crescent roll open. *Note* if you don't move quickly, the dough will become sticky on the surface.
- Top with 4 or 5 "thin" slices of rolled up Honey Ham.
- Lightly combine cheddar and cream cheese together in bowl.
- With a butter knife spread about 1/2 tablespoon of cheese mixture between the ham slices.
- Roll crescents from wide end to narrow point.
- Place rolls on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes.
- Run a cube of butter lightly over all crescents before cooling.
- Let cool at least 5 minutes.