Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on a grocery flyer a few years ago and it has become a favourite. Serve these sandwiches cold or warmed. Omit lettuce if heating.
- 2 croissants
- 2 teaspoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 2 slices cooked ham
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- 2 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- To serve cold: Cut croissants in half horizontally.
- Spread bottom halves with mustard. Top with ham, cheese and lettuce.
- Spread chutney over cut sides of croissant tops and place on top.
- To serve warmed: Preheat oven to 375° (190°C).
- Cut croissants in half horizontally.
- Spread bottom halves with mustard. Top with ham and cheese (omit lettuce).
- Spread chutney over cut sides of croissant tops; place on top of bottoms.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake in centre of oven for 10 minutes.
Very fast and very tasty. Makes a lovely quick lunch, we especially liked the use of whole grain mustard. Much, much nicer than just a ham-and-cheese!