Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Super crisp crust topped with ham and a mustard spread... Makes a nice light lunch. One batch makes two 15" squares, which will each serve 2-3 people as a meal, or each square can be cut into 30 appetizer servings.
For the crust
- 1⁄2 tablespoon yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups flour
For the toppings
- 6 tablespoons butter (softened) or 6 tablespoons mayonnaise (softened)
- 6 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 8 ounces shaved ham
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- For the crust:.
- Place warm water in a bowl. Add yeast and sugar. Let it 'proof' for 5 minutes or so, until the yeast froths.
- Stir in the oil, then work in the flour. Knead until smooth, and divide dough in half. Preheat the oven to 350* F.
- Lightly oil a 16" baking sheet. Roll half of the dough out into a 15" square. The dough will be very thin, but the oil should prevent it from sticking to the baking sheet. (You may need to sprinkle a little flour on the dough to keep the rolling pin from sticking.).
- Repeat with the remaining dough and another pan.
- Blend together the mayo and mustard, and spread in a thin layer over the crusts.
- Chop the ham into small pieces and distribute evenly over the 2 crusts.
- Shred the cheese, and divide evenly over the 2 crusts.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, until crust is golden and crispy. Enjoy.