Random Rachel's Note:
Super crisp crust topped with ham and a mustard spread... Makes a nice light lunch. One batch makes two 15" squares, which will each serve 2-3 people as a meal, or each square can be cut into 30 appetizer servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the crust
For the toppings
- 1For the crust:.
- 2Place warm water in a bowl. Add yeast and sugar. Let it 'proof' for 5 minutes or so, until the yeast froths.
- 3Stir in the oil, then work in the flour. Knead until smooth, and divide dough in half. Preheat the oven to 350* F.
- 4Lightly oil a 16" baking sheet. Roll half of the dough out into a 15" square. The dough will be very thin, but the oil should prevent it from sticking to the baking sheet. (You may need to sprinkle a little flour on the dough to keep the rolling pin from sticking.).
- 5Repeat with the remaining dough and another pan.
- 6Blend together the mayo and mustard, and spread in a thin layer over the crusts.
- 7Chop the ham into small pieces and distribute evenly over the 2 crusts.
- 8Shred the cheese, and divide evenly over the 2 crusts.
- 9Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, until crust is golden and crispy. Enjoy.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Cheese Crispy Bread
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.5
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 67.0 mg
- Sodium 949.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 18.5 g