Found this recipe with the Sunday paper coupons and tried it Sunday evening. This was really good. It says to add bacon as garnish, but I added it into the cornbread while mixing, and it was good. I used broccoli but I bet the spinach would be just as tasty. Wondering how a can of corn would be.....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 slices bacon
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 (6 ounce) package buttermilk cornbread mix
- 6 dashes hot sauce
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
- 2 cups ham, cooked and diced to 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Cook bacon in 10 1/2 inch cast iron skillet until bacon is crisp, then crumble bacon. RESERVE 1 tablespoon bacon grease and drain the rest. Return bacon grease to cast iron skillet and place in oven to heat pan.
- 3Beat eggs in a large bowl, add milk, butter, hot sauce, cornbread mix stirring until blended.
- 4Stir in onion, spinach or broccoli, ham and 1 1/2 cups cheese into mixture.
- 5Carefully remove hot skillet from oven.
- 6Pour batter into hot skillet.
- 7Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over the top.
- 8Bake 30-35 minutes or until set and golden brown.
- 9Let rest 5 minutes and garnish the top with crumbled bacon and parsley.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Cheese Cornbread Supreme
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.3
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 191.3 mg
- Sodium 1164.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 22.5 g