Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great twist on a grilled chicken sandwich! From Southern Living. Marinating time is included in prep time.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 4 slices honey-roasted ham, folded in half
- 4 slices swiss cheese or 4 slices monterey jack cheese, folded in half
- 4 sandwich buns
- Dijon mustard or honey mustard
- lettuce leaf
- Flatten each piece of chicken slightly, using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and parsley flakes; place in a shallow dish. Pour the teriyaki sauce over the chicken, turning to coat. Cover the chicken and chill 1 hour.
- Drain the chicken. Place a folded ham slice and a folded cheese slice on each chicken breast; fold the breast in half, and secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Cook the chicken, covered with the grill lid, over medium-hot coals (350 degrees to 400 degrees) for 10 to 15 minutes or until the chicken is done, turning once.
- Remove the wooden toothpicks, and place the chicken on the bottom half of each bun with mustard and lettuce. Cover with the tops of the buns.
Very good sandwich. I cooked the chicken in the oven and didn't turn it. Used the swiss cheese option for the cheese. Great sandwich for sandwich night accompanied by chips and fruit. Thanks for sharing!
Good little sandwich. I don't care for dried parsley, so used some fresh. I also had to use up some back bacon, so subbed that for the ham. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag Game. :)