Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Now! Another reason to look forward to Thanksgiving... (rather, the day after Thanksgiving): This delicious no-waste incredibly tasty casserole!
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked mashed white potatoes (DO NOT USE MASHED SWEET POTATOES)
- 2 cups ham (cooked, chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (not lowfat)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups croutons, slightly crushed
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup cheddar cheese (cubed)
- dry breadcrumbs (for topping)
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated (for topping)
- Spray 2qt. casserole dish with non-stick vegetable oil spray.
- Spread a good layer (about 1/2 inch thick) of mashed potatoes along bottom of the casserole dish.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine ham, mayonnaise, mushroom soup, croutons, milk and cheddar cheese.
- Layer this on top of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle top of casserole with grated cheddar cheese; then a slight layer of breadcrumbs.
- Bake in 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until top is nicely browned.
- Serve with those leftover Thanksgiving rolls or biscuits!
I personally thought this was one of those dishes that tasted better reheated!! I used 1/2 cup more of mashed potatoes which I don't recommend doing! Definitely something I will use again. Everyone loved it!
My mother makes the exact same thing using chicken and it is yummy that way as well! Try this recipe folks, you'll not be disappointed. Most sincerely a keeper and thank you for posting!
This was so good. I can't wait to make this again, we couldn't get enough of this casserole. thank you for sharing.