Recipe by Fauve
Now! Another reason to look forward to Thanksgiving... (rather, the day after Thanksgiving): This delicious no-waste incredibly tasty casserole!
Top Review by The Missouri Newby Chef
I personally thought this was one of those dishes that tasted better reheated!! I used 1/2 cup more of mashed potatoes which I don't recommend doing! Definitely something I will use again. Everyone loved it!
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked mashed white potatoes (DO NOT USE MASHED SWEET POTATOES)
- 2 cups ham (cooked, chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (not lowfat)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups croutons, slightly crushed
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup cheddar cheese (cubed)
- dry breadcrumbs (for topping)
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated (for topping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 2qt. casserole dish with non-stick vegetable oil spray.
- Spread a good layer (about 1/2 inch thick) of mashed potatoes along bottom of the casserole dish.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine ham, mayonnaise, mushroom soup, croutons, milk and cheddar cheese.
- Layer this on top of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle top of casserole with grated cheddar cheese; then a slight layer of breadcrumbs.
- Bake in 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until top is nicely browned.
- Serve with those leftover Thanksgiving rolls or biscuits!