Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from a friend....it is a Pampered Chef recipe. It is delicious! Just a little bit of work - especially if you want to get up and make it in the morning. I don't move that fast in the morning so I usually make this for us for dinner in the evening and cut up and freeze the leftovers. Pampered Chef says that you can sub the ham with 3/4 lb bulk sausage (which I did with chicken sausage!) or 1 lb bacon that is cooked, drained and crumbled. We also used the light, flavored cream cheese. I used a carton of egg substitute and added four eggs.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups colby, & monterey jack cheese blend grated, divided
- 1 (22 1/2 ounce) packagefrozen toaster hash brown patties, thawed (10 patties)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 8 ounces thickly sliced deli ham
- 4 -5 green onions with tops, divided (1 cup sliced)
- 3 plum tomatoes
- Preheat over to 450 degrees. Lightly brush a 9x13 pan with oil.
- Crumble hash browns over pan, press gently into an even layer. Sprinkle half of the cheese evenly over hash browns. Bake 13-15 minutes or until crust starts to brown and cheese is melted.
- In large mixing bowl whisk cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add eggs and black pepper; whisk until smooth. Add ham (or your cooked sausage or bacon) and 3/4 cup of the green onions to the egg mixture.
- When the crust is done pour egg mixture over crust. Return pan to oven and bake 6-8 minutes or until center is set (I had to bake mine 20 minutes).
- Slice tomatoes in half lengthwise and scrape out seeds and dice.
- Remove pan from oven and top with remaining cheese, tomatoes, and 1/4 cup green onions. Sprinkle with additional black pepper, if desired.
- Cut into squares and serve.