Recipe by *Parsley*
An egg-based breakfast or brunch casserole. You can assemble this up to 1 day in advance before baking. Nice to assemble at night and pop in the oven in the morning.
Top Review by pattikay in L.A.
DH called this "a fine breakfast indeed." Simple and delicious. I enjoyed the simplicity of this, but also liked the fact that it had seasonings other than salt and pepper, but just enough that it was still subtle. I used only 7 slices of bread and made it in a 2 1/2 qt casserole. I baked it for 35 minutes in a convection oven and that was just right. Thanks for posting!
- 10 slices toasted bread, lightly buttered and cubed, divided
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked cubed ham
- 6 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 13" x 9" baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle half of the cubed toast on bottom of prepared dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together cheese and ham cubes. Sprinkle half of the chhese/ham mixture over toast cubes.
- Repeat another layer of remaining toast cubes and remaining cheese/ham mixture.
- In a medium bowl, beat the 6 eggs. Add milk, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, curry powder, salt, pepper, paprika and parsley and beat together well.
- Evenly pour egg mixture over layered casserole mixture. Do not stir.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until set.