Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
An egg-based breakfast or brunch casserole. You can assemble this up to 1 day in advance before baking. Nice to assemble at night and pop in the oven in the morning.
- 10 slices toasted bread, lightly buttered and cubed, divided
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked cubed ham
- 6 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 13" x 9" baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle half of the cubed toast on bottom of prepared dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together cheese and ham cubes. Sprinkle half of the chhese/ham mixture over toast cubes.
- Repeat another layer of remaining toast cubes and remaining cheese/ham mixture.
- In a medium bowl, beat the 6 eggs. Add milk, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, curry powder, salt, pepper, paprika and parsley and beat together well.
- Evenly pour egg mixture over layered casserole mixture. Do not stir.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until set.
DH called this "a fine breakfast indeed." Simple and delicious. I enjoyed the simplicity of this, but also liked the fact that it had seasonings other than salt and pepper, but just enough that it was still subtle. I used only 7 slices of bread and made it in a 2 1/2 qt casserole. I baked it for 35 minutes in a convection oven and that was just right. Thanks for posting!
I think this would've tasted better if we had added some potatoes, since I feel it was lacking something. It was an alright breakfast but nothing special in my opinion.
This is a pretty good casserole. The seasonings add some hints of spices and other flavors. It made for a lovely breakfast. Thanks!