Posted for request on what to do with leftover ham. Well this is a great way!
Make and share this Ham and Cheese Bow Ties recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta (bow tie)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded colby cheese
- 4 ounces cooked ham, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup frozen baby peas (thawed)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and cook pasta for 8-10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and saute garlic for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in flour, salt and pepper.
- Cook until smooth.
- Add milk gradually, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil for 1 minute and then add mustard and Colby cheese.
- Continue to heat until cheese is melted, stirring all the while.
- Remove from heat, add ham, peas and pasta.
- Pour into a 2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until bubbly and golden.
Sorry about this, but we really did not enjoy this dish. It had all the things we would normally enjoy in it, but somehow didn't work for us. Possibly there was too much flour - it tasted rather chalky. I made sure the sauce was smooth before the addition of the cheese, but I could really tase the flour.
this is really great. easy to put together great side dish. Made forRECIPE SWAP #21 - October 2008
LOVED IT! I made it up in the morning planning to pop it in the oven at night, but I got home too late so I just reheated it on the stove. It was delicious! Thank you for a great recipe that promises to be a keeper! Made for potluck tag, please see my rating system.