Recipe by Hag chef
I got this recipe from my Mom, they are tasty little appetizers. They are made in mini muffin tins. We like to use real bacon bits for this recipe. Watch them disappear!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made these with Orowheat's Winter Wheat Bread & followed the recipe right on down for some very nice tasting bites, just right for the park-wide kids' taste-testing potluck that we organized ~ A big hit with both the adults AND the kids! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]
- 12 slices bread
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated or 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups cooked ham, chopped or 1 1⁄4 cups bacon bits
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- lightly brush mini tart pans with mayonnaise.
- remove crust from bread, cut each slice into 4 squares, lightly press into tart pans.
- combine mayonnaise, cheese, onion, ham or bacon, lemon juice and hot pepper sauce
- spoon into each bread cup, distributing evenly.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes until lightly browned.