Ham and Cheese Appetizer (Sincronizadas)
- Lay 1 tortilla on a flat surface; cover with 2 slices ham to within 1/2 inch of the tortilla edge (cut ham to fit, if needed).
- Cover the ham with about 1/4 of the cheese.
- Top with another tortilla to create a sandwich.
- Place on a tray and repeat with remaining tortillas; can be done ahead.
- Heat a medium skillet and brush about 1 teaspoon of oil in the pan.
- Brown 1 sincronizada turning once with a wide spatula, until the cheese is melted and both sides are golden brown, about 1 minute per side.
- Transfer to a cutting board; repeat until all a browned, brushing the pan with oil as needed.
- Cut into wedges and serve at once; top the wedges with dollops of salsa and/or guacamole.