Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A popular soup recipe for this house. it is simple and fast to make. I got the recipe from taste of home.
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes (I use red)
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot (I use baby carrots)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked cubed ham
- 1 cup peas
- In a medium saucepan, combine potatoes, water, carrot and onion. Bring to boil then reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add the milk, salt and pepper and let that boil. Cook for two minutes or until thickened. Stir in the cheese until melted. Stir in undrained potato mixture. Add ham and peas and let that heat up.
The recipe was so easy to follow and my family really loved. This recipe will definitely be made again for my family.