- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes (I use red)
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot (I use baby carrots)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked cubed ham
- 1 cup peas
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine potatoes, water, carrot and onion. Bring to boil then reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add the milk, salt and pepper and let that boil. Cook for two minutes or until thickened. Stir in the cheese until melted. Stir in undrained potato mixture. Add ham and peas and let that heat up.