Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Just what the title says... no exotic ingredients that are offensive to picky eaters. My kids even like it. Great way to use up leftover ham, and is just as good for dinner as brunch.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked ham
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 deep dish pie shell (uncooked)
- Saute onion in butter. Set aside.
- Combine cheese, flour, and meat. Toss in onions. Pour all into uncooked pie shell.
- In medium bowl blend eggs, milk, and seasoning. Pour slowly into pie shell.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40-50 minutes, until center is not jiggly (you may want to cover crust after 30 minutes or so to avoid too much browning).
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
This recipe is simple and very delicious. I went exactly by the recipe and I would not change a thing about it. I wish i had taken a picture of it because it presented very well. I used the silicone crust protector to prevent the crust from getting to brown. I would definitely make this recipe again and again and it was a good way to use up some of the ham from Thanksgiving.