Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are so yummy! Great for breakfast or a savory snack anytime of the day. I make these every time I have leftover ham. Sometimes I sauté a little garlic and finely chopped bell peppers with the onions to add even more flavour.
- 59.14 ml butter
- 118.29 ml onion, Minced
- 473.18 ml flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml milk
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 236.59 ml ham, Diced
- 236.59 ml sharp cheddar cheese (shredded or diced)
- Preheat oven to 375° and lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
- Sauté onion in butter until soft.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, milk and mustard. Add the sautéed onion, ham and cheese.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture just until moistened, don’t over stir!
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans and bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Enjoy!
These are fantastic!!!! I had some ham to use , and just couldn't find anything "different" to make. I ran across these and thought what the heck. I am SO glad I did! Just the perfect balance of flavors for us , no subs or anything ... I might consider trying swiss cheese in them at some point , but wow these are great! Thanks so much for posting!!! **edited to add , I've made these several times now , they're such a big hit. Today I was cooking a ton of food , and didn't want to mess with individual muffins so I doubled the recipe , put it all into a 13x9 pan , and baked for about 30 minutes. Now I have to cut it into squares , like a cornbread I guess , but that's ok! It worked out GREAT!!
These are so good! My husband doesn't like traditional muffins but loves these. Thanks for sharing!
Very good! Savory muffin with a great texture and a great use for leftover ham. Perfect to reheat for breakfast. Thanks for sharing the recipe!