Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Town meets Country...tasty!
Make and share this Ham and Cheddar Grits Souffle recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking grits (NOT instant)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup smoked ham, diced
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Use 2tbs butter and grease 3quart baking dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan.
- Coat buttered dish evenly with breadcrumb mixture.
- Put dish in fridge until you're ready for it.
- In medium saucepan, combine broth,cream and salt and bring to a boil.
- Slowly stir in grits.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 5 minutes or until creamy and thick.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 2tbs butter in small skillet.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until translucent (about 3 minutes).
- Add ham and cook one minute longer.
- Add ham mixture and hot sauce to grits.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, blending after each.
- Add cheese and parsely and stir until smooth.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Pour in 1/4 of egg whites and stir. Then fold in remaining whites.
- Spoon souffle mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until fluffed and golden.
- Serve immediately.