1 hr 10 mins
Town meets Country...tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking grits (NOT instant)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup smoked ham, diced
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Use 2tbs butter and grease 3quart baking dish.
- 3Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan.
- 4Coat buttered dish evenly with breadcrumb mixture.
- 5Put dish in fridge until you're ready for it.
- 6In medium saucepan, combine broth,cream and salt and bring to a boil.
- 7Slowly stir in grits.
- 8Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 5 minutes or until creamy and thick.
- 9Meanwhile, melt remaining 2tbs butter in small skillet.
- 10Add onion and garlic and cook until translucent (about 3 minutes).
- 11Add ham and cook one minute longer.
- 12Add ham mixture and hot sauce to grits.
- 13Add egg yolks, one at a time, blending after each.
- 14Add cheese and parsely and stir until smooth.
- 15Beat egg whites until stiff.
- 16Pour in 1/4 of egg whites and stir. Then fold in remaining whites.
- 17Spoon souffle mixture into prepared baking dish.
- 18Bake 40-45 minutes or until fluffed and golden.
- 19Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Cheddar Grits Souffle
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.6
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 277.5 mg
- Sodium 650.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 18.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: