1/1 Photo of Ham and Cabbage Soup
An easy to make hearty main dish soup. Add hot rolls or bread - and dinner is ready !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb cooked ham, cubed
- 6 cups roughly chopped cabbage
- 4 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 cup light cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1Add broth, ham, cabbage, potatoes, onion, carrot, bay leaf and parsley to a soup pot, cover and bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 3Add corn and cream, simmer uncovered until corn is tender.
- 4Season with salt and pepper and ladle into soup bowls.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Cabbage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (612 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 754.9
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 146.1 mg
- Sodium 1668.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 46.4 g