- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb cooked ham, cubed
- 6 cups roughly chopped cabbage
- 4 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 cup light cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add broth, ham, cabbage, potatoes, onion, carrot, bay leaf and parsley to a soup pot, cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add corn and cream, simmer uncovered until corn is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper and ladle into soup bowls.