Recipe by Julie B's Hive
No last minute fuss here, it's assembled the night before. Great for one of those hectic days. Recipe from Robin Friedly.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
I am loving the flavors and ease of preparation for this dish. I made it for dinner and it came together in a snap. I layered the strata and then let it rest in the refrigerator for an hour. Took it out of the fridge and popped it into the oven at 350Â° for 35 minutes. Yummy! :) Made for April, 2010 Aus/NZ Swap.
- 2 (566.99 g) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 340.19 g thinly sliced deli ham, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 473.18 ml shredded swiss cheese
- 1 loaf French bread, cut in 1-inch slices
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 473.18 ml milk
- 44.37 ml dried onion flakes
- 44.37 ml Dijon mustard
- 2.46 ml hot pepper sauce
- 2.46 ml paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, ham and cheese; spread half the mixture into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Arrange bread slices on top and cover with remaining ham//cheese/broccoli mixture. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, onion flakes, mustard and hot pepper sauce. Pour over broccoli mixture. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.