Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
No last minute fuss here, it's assembled the night before. Great for one of those hectic days. Recipe from Robin Friedly.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 3⁄4 lb thinly sliced deli ham, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1 loaf French bread, cut in 1-inch slices
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, ham and cheese; spread half the mixture into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Arrange bread slices on top and cover with remaining ham//cheese/broccoli mixture. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, onion flakes, mustard and hot pepper sauce. Pour over broccoli mixture. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
I am loving the flavors and ease of preparation for this dish. I made it for dinner and it came together in a snap. I layered the strata and then let it rest in the refrigerator for an hour. Took it out of the fridge and popped it into the oven at 350Â° for 35 minutes. Yummy! :) Made for April, 2010 Aus/NZ Swap.