Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 hrs
From Southern Living, one of my favorite cookbooks.
- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cut bread into small cubes. layer bread cubes, broccoli, and ham in bottom of buttered 12x8x2 inch baking dish.
- Combine eggs, milk, onion, mustard, and cheese;stir well.
- Pour into casserole;cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- Remove from fridge, let stand 30 minutes.
- Bake, uncovered at 325F for 55 to 60 minutes.