THis recipe came from the Junior League of Cobb-Marietta, Georgia. The name of the cookbook is "Georgia on My Menu". I got it out of our Georgia Magazine, September 2004. DH does not like horseradish so I decreased the amout to 1 teaspoon. (he never knew it was used...hehehe)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 8 slices ham (rectangular sliced lunchmeat)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages broccoli stems, steamed and drained
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (I omit the salt)
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated onion
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place one slice of cheese on top of each slice of ham; top with 1 to 2 spears of broccoli and set aside.
- 3In medium saucepan, melt butter, blend in flour, salt horseradish, mustard, Worcestershire and onion.
- 4Combine egg youlks and pineapple juice; gently stir into butter mixture.
- 5Stir in milk and cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thick and bubbling.
- 6Spoon 1 tablespoon sauce over broccoli; roll ham and cheese around broccoli and secure with wooden toothpick.
- 7Place roll-ups in baking dish; cover and cook at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 8Spoon remaining hot mustard sauce over ham rolls just before serving.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Broccoli Roll-ups
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.8
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 93.6 mg
- Sodium 454.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 14.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: