Top Review by mama smurf
Made this yesterday for the tag game "Bargain Basement". I made my pie crust so I didn't have to run to the store and with the egg mixture I did add about 2 teaspoons of flour to make sure it thickened. Other than those changes I followed the instructions. Very good. Next time though I think I will add some minced garlic, onions and mushrooms and saute them and add over the broccoli and ham mixture for more flavor.
- 1 pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box (from 15-oz box)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, shredded (6 oz)
- 1 cup broccoli floret, thawed, well drained (recommend Green Giant Select frozen)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F Make pie crust as directed on box for one-crust filled pie using 9-inch glass pie pan.
- Layer ham, cheese and thawed broccoli in pie crust-lined pan. In medium bowl, beat all remaining ingredients until well blended. Pour over broccoli.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges.