Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Comfort food at its best. Try this delicious recipe that is loaded with flavor and perfect for those cold nights. This is also a great recipe to use up left over ham that your family will be sure to love!
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 cups cooked ham (diced)
- 1 (15 ounce) can small whole potatoes (Canned midget potatoes-drained, cut into quarters)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon steak sauce (A-1 steak sauce)
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded cheddar cheese-packed firmly)
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook broccoli until just tender, then drain well.
- Combine broccoli with ham and potatoes in shallow 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter and blend in 1/4 cup of flour slowly.
- Gradually add 2 cups of milk and stir constantly. Stir mixture until thickened. (Stir with a wisk for about 10 minutes until very thick).
- Add remaining ingredients and season with salt to taste.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 425 degrees uncovered.
EXCELLENT!! Very Good!! My husband loved it! This recipe reminded me of a meal my mom use to make when I was younger, it is just as tasty and yummy. Ham, cheese and potatoes.. what is there not to love! The only thing I did differently is cut my potatoes into quarters and I used 1 1/2 cans of the midget potatoes. When I finished my cheese mixture on the stove, I was not sure if I just pour it over my potatoes and ham or mix it all up. So, I went ahead and stirred it all together before baking. When it came out of the oven I sprinkled more cheese on top and served with biscuits. Thanks so much for sharing!! YUMMY!!!!
I will agree; this IS comfort food! Instead of the canned potatoes, I used 2 big baking potatoes (peeled and diced) and cooked them until tender, then finished the recipe as written. It made enough to fill a 13" x 9" baking dish. Since I had a bit more potatoes, I added just 1/2 cup extra milk. It was bubbly, creamy, tasty and soooooo yummy! We all LOVED it and I'mm make it again. Thanx for sharing.