Recipe by AmyZoe
You can make this the night before and have supper ready when you pop it in the oven the next day. I went ahead and made this without refrigerating first, and it was still terrific. This is a great way to use leftover broccoli or ham. Recipe courtesy of 2009 Taste of Home Annual Recipes and Harmony Tardugno of Rome, New York.
- 8 ounces day-old French bread, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups frozen broccoli, chopped and thawed
- 2 cups ham (fully cooked)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss the bread crumbs with butter.
- Place half in a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Top with half of the cheese and broccoli and sprinkle with the ham.
- Top with the remaining broccoli, cheese, and bread cubes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, and pepper.
- Pour over casserole.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.