1/3 Photos of Ham and Beans (Crock-Pot)
7 hrs 5 mins
This is how I have been making my ham and beans for years. . .I think you either love these or hate these!!! Total comfort food for me, as I make them very similar to my dad's recipe which I had growing up. Perfect served with corn bread on a cool fall or winter day. I add 3 T of Andrea's Sauce (a savory steak marinade with flavors of worchester, garlic, and onion), but Recipezaar does not recognize it. This freezes well, so don't be afraid to serve it once and freeze the leftovers for later!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse and sort thru beans (has anyone ever really found a rock in these?). Cover with water and let sit overnight.
- 2In the morning, drain water, rinse again and place beans in the crockpot. Dump in all of the other ingredients (except ham bone) and give it a few good stirs.
- 3Put the ham bone in the crockpot, cover and cook on high for 6-8 hours.
- 4Remove the bay leaf, ham bone and fish out any bones that may have fallen off during cooking. Stir the beans a few times. Remove 1 cup of the beans and place in a bowl, mash them with a potato masher or back of a spoon, then return to the beans and stir; this helps thicken it up a bit.
- 5Take off any meat left on the ham bone, chop and return it to the crockpot.
- 6Stir again and serve!
Browse Our Top Equipment Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Beans (Crock-Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.2
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 51.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: