1/2 Photos of Ham and Bean Soup With Spinach
This is a soup that I made recently. My husband really enjoyed it and I believe I will be making this a lot this winter. He had no idea that I used spinach and was very suprised when I told him. He hates spinach but loves this soup!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup carrot, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 (14 ounce) can white cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups course chopped fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 1In a medium stock pot, saute ham in oil and butter until lightly browned, about 5 minutes, add onion, celery, carrots and garlic over medium heat, until vegetables are softened, not brown.
- 2Add chicken broth and seasonings; simmer 15-20 minutes.
- 3Stir in cannellini beans, spinach and parsley.
- 4Cook briefly just until spinach wilts, about 2-4 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6In a small bowl, combine eggs and Parmesan with a whisk, I like to temper the egg/cheese mixture by adding 2 Tablesppons of the hot liquid from the soup, to the egg/cheese and stir quickly after each addition, then add egg mixture into the soup and stir until smooth.
- 7Salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Bean Soup With Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.8
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 126.0 mg
- Sodium 1764.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 26.2 g