Recipe by Pureyum
I've come up with the easiest, nutritional, tastiest ham and bean soup you you'll absolutely love, it's a lot less work than most. Using Smokey Ham, canned Navy beans and Chicken broth, so simple and delicious, you'll be making it all winter long.
- 3 (16 ounce) cans navy beans (undrained)
- 2 1⁄2 cups smoked ham (cut into chunks)
- 1 yellow sweet onion (diced)
- 1 (12 ounce) package baby carrots
- 3 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in 4 quart dutch oven, bring to boil, cover reduce to mild and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours or until carrots are soft. Is that simple enough? -- You bet, easy too and you'll love it. I don't use a lot of salt because smoked cured ham has plenty.
- If you like your soup, soupier, you can add more chicken broth.
- One of my favorite sources for smokey ham chunks is Farmland pre-packaged pieces, available at your local Walmart.
- You gonna love this bean soup, cuz it's so easy and delicious.
- If you want to add celery go ahead, it doesn't add much flavor, and it's more prep work.