Recipe by DDROGERS120
Modified from Southern Living. This is a great way to use leftover holiday ham. Use 2 cup or 1 (16-0z.) lean ham steak. Don't forget to toss in the bone for added flavor.
- 2 cups cubed ham
- 2 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans navy beans, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced (about 2 lb.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ham in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring often, 6 to 8 minutes or until browned. Add diced onion, and next 5 ingredients, and saute 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in navy beans, and next 3 ingredients (add ham bone if you have). Add water to cover. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring occasionally, 45 minutes. Remove and discard bone before serving.