Recipe by NancyAnne
I have been making this for many years. Easy, inexpensive, and delicious. My whole family loves it!
Top Review by loof
This was a nice tasty quiche! I used mozzarella for the cheese. At the time of this review the amount of basil wasn't specified so I used 1 teaspoon of dried and thought that was just right. Mine took about 45 minutes to bake and I used your recipe #511448 for the crust. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2014
- 9 inch unbaked pie shells
- 236.59 ml ham, diced
- 236.59 ml mozzarella cheese or 236.59 ml monterey jack cheese, grated
- 14.79 ml fresh basil or 4.92 ml dried basil
- 14.79 ml prepared mustard
- 3 eggs
- 177.44 ml whipping cream or 177.44 ml half-and-half or 177.44 ml half & half light cream
- 0.25 ml black pepper
- 14.79 ml parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Pre-bake the pie shell for 5 minutes. After you have removed the shell from the oven, lower the oven heat to 350°F.
- While the crust is pre-baking, mix the ham, cheese, and basil and set aside.
- Spread mustard on the bottom of the pie crust. Sprinkle with ham-cheese mixture.
- Beat eggs, cream, and pepper well. Pour over the ham and cheese in the pie crust. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until set and lightly browned.