Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy appetizer that is so yummy!
Make and share this Ham and Asparagus Squares recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus spear, thin
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls
- 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 ounces deli ham, thin
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Cook aspargus in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes until crisp-tender. Run under cold water to cool. Place on paper towels to drain.
- Unroll dough onto cookie sheet creating a large rectangle. Press edges together to seal. Prick crust with fork and bake for 6 to 9 minutes or until brown.
- Sprinkle crust with 1/2 the swiss cheese. Arrange ham in a single layer and sprinkle the other 1/2 of the swiss cheese on top. Place asparagus spears over the top. Brush with oil and top with red pepper flakes.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes longer until cheese beins to brown.
- Cool slightly and cut into bite sized squares.
This dish is delicious and so easy to make! The asparagus/swiss/ham is a great combo and we just loved the addition of the red pepper flakes - gave it just a bit of a zing. You describe this as an appetizer but we ate it for dinner, like a pizza. Already had requests to make this again - thanks for sharing this winner! Made for Spring PAC 2009