Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
When fresh asparagus is available, this is the one I can't wait to make.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 24 asparagus spears
- 12 slices ham
- In saucepan, melt butter, add flour and cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Slowly stir in milk and cook until bubbling.
- Add cheeses, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Put 2 asparagus spears on each piece of ham.
- Roll up and put in lightly greased 13x9 pan.
- Pour sauce over.
- Bake at 350* for about 20-25 minutes.