Recipe by mommyoffour
A very nice savoury pie. I like the combo of ham and asparagus, give it a try.
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesfrozen cut asparagus, cooked
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 baked 9-inch pie shell
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in saucepan over med. heat.
- Stir in the next 3 ingredients.
- Remove from heat.
- Gradually stir in milk until smooth.
- Cook over med. heat, stirring constantly until sauce comes to a boil, let boil one minute.
- Stir a small amount into mayonnaise to temper, then add mayo into hot milk mixture.
- Add the ham, asparagus and lemon juice; cook until heated.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil about 2 minutes or until lightly browned.