Recipe by Carol
A wonderful spring-time casserole and a great way to use up extra Easter eggs. I have made this dish with chicken when I didn't have ham, but I prefer ham.
Top Review by CindyLou2
Very good. I didn't have any tapioca, but it seemed just fine without it. I'm not really sure what the tapioca would do for it, but we all liked it. I added more shredded cheese to the top before I baked it, and it was yummy!
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, in ½ inch slices
- 3 cups diced ham
- 5 hardboiled egg, diced
- 2 tablespoons tapioca
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese, i prefer cheddar
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) can mushrooms, drained,diced if needed
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch asparagus in microwave for 3 minutes.
- Drain off any juice.
- In large mixing bowl combine asparagus, ham, egg, tapioca, green pepper, onion, mushrooms, and cheese.
- Mix together.
- In smaller bowl mix lemon juice, parsley, half& half, and mushroom soup.
- Add to ingredients in large bowl, mix well.
- Spread in greased or sprayed 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Bake in a 375º oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serves 10-12.