Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a panini take-off on my other sandwich which is delicious--Apple and Ham Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. It grills so nicely and has wonderful flavor.
- 4 slices of rustic country bread
- 4 slices deli ham
- 4 slices provolone cheese (thin slices)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped apple (with skins on)
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 cup chopped walnuts
PARMESAN BUTTER FOR OUTSIDE
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons soft butter
- Mix the ingredients for the Parmesan Butter and set aside.
- Mix the mayonnaise, chopped fine apples, and walnuts.
- Lay out the bread and put the Provolone cheese on top of each bread slice.
- Add the apple mixture to each sandwich.
- Place the ham on top of this.
- Then top it with the other slice of bread.
- Spread a thin layer of Parmesan Butter on the top bread and place on grill; then spread the other side and grill.