Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another variation of the popular breakfast/brunch casserole. The apples in this dish are very good.
- 2 lbs boneless cooked ham, cubed
- 3 slices multi-grain bread
- 12 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 -5 apples, quartered,cored and sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 325º F.
- Slice crusts from bread, cut bread into cubes and place in a 13x9x2- inch baking pan.
- On top of bread, layer half of the ham and half of the cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; spread on top of ham and cheese.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk and brown sugar; pour over apples.
- Layer remaining ham and cheese on top.
- Bake, uncovered for about 60 minutes or until eggs are cooked and strata is puffy in center.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Note: This recipe can be assembled in advance.
Miss Annie, you're breakfast/brunch recipes are DElicious! So many wonderful flavours in this dish, I only had a 250 gram packet of sandwich ham and it worked fine. The apple and cinnamon flavour along with the eggs and cheese were a taste sensation. Thank you for these wonderful recipes.