Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious recipe from TOH for a great way to use up leftover ham. Times are an estimate.
- 283.49 g package frozen puff pastry shells
- 59.14 ml butter
- 59.14 ml flour
- 4.92 ml chicken bouillon granule
- 118.29 ml hot water
- 354.88 ml milk
- 3 slice American cheese
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml prepared mustard
- 473.18 ml cooked ham, cubed
- 118.29 ml frozen peas, thawed
- 63.78 g can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 29.58 ml diced pimentos
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, minced
- Bake pastry shells according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter; stir in four until smooth.
- Dissolve bouillon in water. Gradually add milk and bouillon to the saucepan. Bring to boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; add the cheese, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard; stir until cheese is melted. Add the ham, peas, olives, pimientos, and parsley; heat through.
- Serve in pastry shells.
I'm giving this 4 stars because I had a little trouble understanding the directions as is. When making dishes with puff pastry I have always baked the dish in the oven with the frozen puff pastry but this one says to bake first and then fill without any further baking. I think that the flavors may blend better if the dish was baked with the frozen pastry. Also as is the recipe mentions shells in a plural manner implying that I should have baked the puff pastry for individual servings and then fill but there was no instruction about how many, ect. so I felt the instruction was lacking a bit. The flavor was good, not outstanding, but good and almost comforting.