Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious recipe from TOH for a great way to use up leftover ham. Times are an estimate.
Make and share this Ham a La King recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen puff pastry shells
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 slices American cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons diced pimentos
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Bake pastry shells according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter; stir in four until smooth.
- Dissolve bouillon in water. Gradually add milk and bouillon to the saucepan. Bring to boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; add the cheese, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard; stir until cheese is melted. Add the ham, peas, olives, pimientos, and parsley; heat through.
- Serve in pastry shells.
I'm giving this 4 stars because I had a little trouble understanding the directions as is. When making dishes with puff pastry I have always baked the dish in the oven with the frozen puff pastry but this one says to bake first and then fill without any further baking. I think that the flavors may blend better if the dish was baked with the frozen pastry. Also as is the recipe mentions shells in a plural manner implying that I should have baked the puff pastry for individual servings and then fill but there was no instruction about how many, ect. so I felt the instruction was lacking a bit. The flavor was good, not outstanding, but good and almost comforting.