Recipe by Lee-Ann
A delicious ham. Different from the usual pineapple ham.
Top Review by Bellablue
Delicious and easy! Thanks for posting!
I made this over the weekend in the crockpot.I cooked the 8lb ham for about 5 hours on high. The sweet taste of the syrup, juice and sugar was just perfect with the slight twang of the mustard. I strained the juices and spooned over the ham on each plate.
A friend of mine made this over the weekend too. She said her family kept going back and eating a slice all day Sunday.
Simple and yummy!
- ham, with bone (I think they are called pork shoulder)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mustard
- maple syrup
- apple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- With the fat side down, score the top of ham with four strokes across and then turn 1/2 turn and score again with four more.
- Place ham in a baking dish (that has a cover) and smother with the mustard.
- Next pat the brown sugar over the mustard until covered.
- Then pour the maple syrup over the brown sugar and mustard until covered.
- Pour 1 cup apple juice into bottom of pan and cover.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with scalloped potatoes.