- 250 g wheat flour
- 200 g sugar
- 200 g cooking oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron
- 1⁄2 cup rose water
- pistachios, crushed
- almonds, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Halva is a tasty dessert. To prepare it, heat oil in a frying pan until it is hot.
- Add flour, reduce heat and stir frequently until the mix changes colour to golden, thickens and becomes fragrant.
- Add sugar to one glass of water and bring to a boil.
- Add saffron and rosewater and stir.
- Let flour cool slightly, then add the mix and stir well.
- If the mix is not thick, heat for 1-2 minutes but not longer.
- Serve with crushed pistachio and almond sprinkled on top.