Top Review by Momhay
Easy and firms up well. Imade for my Greek Friends during their lent season and they said it was very much like what they made at home. Can use less sugar though, a little goes a long way.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cups semolina flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 2 lemon wedges
- cinnamon stick
- chopped almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil and cook the semolina in the oil until golden.
- Place the almonds to brown with the semolina.
- In the meantime, warm the water, but do not boil, and dissolve the sugar in it and throw in the lemon and the cinnamon stick.
- Pour the water into the semolina mix and stir well while pouring.
- Keep heating until the mixture becomes thick.
- Pour the mix into a Bundt pan and garnish with sesame seeds and cinnamon.
- Let stand and serve at room temperature.