Recipe by Scott Orlowski
This recipe was handed down from my Polish grandmother. I make it every weekend and a local social organization sells servings as a fund-raiser.
Top Review by Mona
My grandmother also made this wonderful dish.It was the only way she could get her kids to eat cabbage.Same as with my mother,and now with my own kids.This stuff is pure comfort food.
- 15 lbs cabbage
- 5 lbs onions
- 3 -6 cups butter
- 4 (1 lb) bagsextra-broad egg noodles
- celery salt
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large electric roaster (like Hamilton Beach) set on 175 degrees F.
- ,melt 4 sticks butter.
- Coarsely chop cabbage and onions and pack into roaster.
- Roast for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Continue roasting and prepare noodles (one bag at a time) according to package directions.
- With each bag of prepared noodles, add 1/2 stick of butter, salt, celery salt and garlic powder to taste.
- It takes about 1-1/2 hours to prepare and add all of the noodles.
- Continue roasting for 1 additional hour.