Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a friend. It's really easy! We really love it! It's not low-fat by any means, but everything in moderation. It's great to serve during football parties or at a potluck.
- 2 (8 ounce) bagsmrs. weiss kluski egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 large head green cabbage, chopped
- 2 medium sweet onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside (boil my noodles for 10 minutes).
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in large skillet and add onions and cabbage; cook until onions and cabbage are tender and slightly brown.
- Add 1/2 cup butter to the onions and cabbage mixture while still cooking; simmer.
- To the drained noodles, add 1/2 cup butter; coat well.
- Add the cheese to the noodles.
- Add the noodles and cheese to the cabbage and onion mixture.
- These are even better the next day!
This is really great, because I love cheese! I used Monterey Jack and added a little extra to make it even more cheesy! Haven't tried the leftovers yet, but I can't wait to have more today!