1 hr 20 mins
This is a favorite around our house. It is a little time consuming but well worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice cabbage in 1/4 inch wide slices or in 1 inch squares (basically bite size pieces).
- 2Remember that cabbage will cook down.
- 3Put cabbage in a pot and cover with water.
- 4Let cabbage boil until tender.
- 5Once cabbage is tender, drain and set aside.
- 6Cook bacon and onions together in a pan until all are crisp and done to desired likeness.
- 7I like my onions done a little more than most people.
- 8Once these are done, leave in pan and set aside.
- 9Boil noodles until done.
- 10Drain noodles.
- 11In a big pot mix cabbage, bacon, onion and noodles.
- 12I usually then add the bacon drippings.
- 13That gives it a little richer flavor.
- 14Once the mixture is all together in the pot, heat it on the stove, mixing occasionally.
- 15What I usually do is have all three pots on the stove at once (cabbage, bacon and noodles) it makes the preparation time less.
- 16Usually everything is done around the same time.
Nutritional Facts for Haluski
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.5
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 86.4 mg
- Sodium 505.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 16.5 g