Recipe by Mark Kovach
A hearty side dish or meatless main course.
Top Review by ElaineAnn
This is ultimate comfort food. I made a full recipe, and served half of the dumplings with sauteed cabbage and onions the first day. Dumplings the next day were sauteed in butter to reheat, and cottage cheese was added. This tastes like my home made peirogi without all the work. Thanks for sharing a great recipe, Mark! Made and enjoyed for PAC Spring '09.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- dill weed
- 1 large potato, boiled,peeled,and grated
- 1 (1 lb) container low fat cottage cheese or 1 lb of diced and boiled cabbage
Directions See How It's Made
- boil, peel, and grate a large starchy potatoe.
- Combine with flour, egg, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Drop by 1/2 teaspoon into a large pot of boiling water.
- Dumplings are done when they float.
- Remove from pot and drain well.
- Empty water from pot and return dumplings to it.
- Sprinkle dumplings with dill weed then combine with cottage cheese (I prefer small curd but either works).
- Re-warm dish to eating temperature (cottage cheese will reduce temperature) and serve.
- Alternatively combine with boiled cabbage instead of cottage cheese (also very tasty).