Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Polish cabbage and noodles
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium onions
- 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- salt and pepper
- Finely chop cabbage.
- Put in a pan with salted water to cover.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, chop onions and saute in 1 C margarine until tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- Drain cooked cabbage, rinse with cold water, squeeze out the excess water.
- Mix into the cooked onion; add 1/2 C butter, mix and cook until medium browned, approximately 30 minutes, stirring to prevent overbrowning.
- Cook noodles 5-6 minutes.
- Drain; combine with cooked cabbage, mixing well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Yum!! this is great!! I also sauted the cabbage and added some garlic with the onion! Can not wait to have this again! I had never eaten cabbage before & this recipe made it a new favorite! It tastes great!!! Thanks for sharing!
This was excellent and just the recipe I was searching for. I served this with a sweet and sour kielbasa dish. Yum! Thanks for posting! :o)
I'm not a huge fan of cabbage but I made this to take to a party of a friend who likes halushki and I have to say that I liked it. I don't know if it's something that I would make on a regular basis but it was an easy and yummy recipe. Thanks.