Cook1 hr 30 mins
My Grandmother Matilda Koval makes these....and they really warm you on a cold night. Searve with mashed potatoes. These freeze well, and also taste better served the next day!
- Boil head of cabbage 10-15 minutes.
- Take the leaves from the head (carefully) Mix the meat, salt and pepper, egg, parsley, garlic, onion and rice together.
- Make individual balls out of the meat mixture and roll them up in cabbage leaves.
- In a 5-quart dutch oven, put some leaves of cabbage on bottom of pan.
- Add cabbage rolls on top.
- Mix tomato soup, sugar, vinegar, and water together.
- Pour over cabbage rolls, cover and cook on medium heat for 1 1/2 hours.