2 hrs 20 mins
This casserole will provide the same great taste and comfort food factor of stuffed cabbage without all the time and effort. It freezes and reheats well if not even better than the first day, just like traditional stuffed cabbage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop garlic, pepper, and onion.
- 2In a large bowl add melted butter, 1 T garlic salt, and 1 T black pepper to the chopped vegetables.
- 3Add UNCOOKED rice and RAW ground beef and mix really well.
- 4In a medium bowl mix tomato sauce, brown sugar, 1 T garlic salt, 1 T black pepper, and water. Adjust season to your taste. We like it a little sweeter so I usually use about 1 1/2 c brown sugar.
- 5In a 9" x 13" pan spread half of the sliced cabbage, enough to cover the bottom.
- 6Loosely cover the cabbage with the meat mixture. Don't press the meat down just lay it on top of the cabbage.
- 7Cover meat with remaining sliced cabbage and pour sauce over the top.
- 8Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for about 2 hours or cabbage is soft.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halupki Casserole (Stuffed Cabbage Casserole)
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.2
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 73.9 mg
- Sodium 534.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 26.4 g
- Protein 20.4 g