Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
Trick Or Treat just isn't the same if you don't get one of these little gems in your sack... The kids love making and decorating these for their Halloween Parties too! You can change up the colors of the food coloring and the colors of the jimmies or sprinkles, and make them for all the holidays!
- 10 medium apples, washed and dried
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- red food coloring
- candy sprinkles, halloween colored (orange, yellow, white and brown candies)
Directions See How It's Made
- Insert skewers in blossom end of the apples.
- Combine sugar, syrup, water, vanilla, and food coloring.
- Cook, without stirring, to hard-crack stage or 380 degrees on candy thermometer.
- Crystals which form on side of the pan, Do NOT stir crystals into the candy during cooking.
- Remove from the heat. Dip apples, holding by skewers, into the syrup.
- Dip into jimmies, and place on buttered tray, or platter.